tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brereton, Stephen" <stephen.brere...@york.gov.uk>
Subject RE: can anyone make sense of this
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:06:55 GMT
That's just your Tomcat service running. It does take a few moments to get
started - that's just Java getting going. If your task manager isn't running
to show 'all users', you might well not see the service running

-----Original Message-----
From: teknokrat [mailto:teknokrat@yahoo.com]
Sent: 13 June 2005 17:52
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: can anyone make sense of this

I have the latest tomcat 5.0 installed on windows server 2003 with java
5. I run startup.bat and call a servlet that hits a jboss instance
remotely. Looking through the connection events with TDIMon ( from
www.sysinternals.com ) I notice that a process tomcat5.exe sends a UDP
datagram on port 137 to the remote server just before creating the TCP
connection. Now, what I don't understand is

1. All the other network events are created by the process java.exe. I
am not running any tomcat.exe - in fact I have deleted them. There is no
tomcat5.exe process in the task manager so what is going on here.

2. this is a very slow. tomcat5.exe makes about three udp datagrams and
takes about 2 seconds.

3. I realise that this may be a jboss issue but if anyone can confirm ro
deny this I would appreciate this

thanks

This email represents the personal views of the author/sender.  The
author/sender has no authority or delegation to bind the City of York
Council by this e-mail and the City of York Council accepts no
responsibility whatsoever for its contents.  Please note that any reply to
this email may be screened.