tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brereton, Stephen" <stephen.brere...@york.gov.uk>
Subject accessing app from Manager - get 'Unable to find a javac compiler '
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:24:24 GMT
I've had bad problems with TC 5.5 - so have had to reinstall 5.0
Now, when I try to load an app via the Manager, I get

"Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK"

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02 is my JAVA_HOME path, which agrees with
the jvm path in the tomcat poperties GUI.

using w2k IIS5/tomcat 5.0/J2SE 1.5

This email represents the personal views of the author/sender.  The
author/sender has no authority or delegation to bind the City of York
Council by this e-mail and the City of York Council accepts no
responsibility whatsoever for its contents.  Please note that any reply to
this email may be screened.