tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: IE-Page not found problem
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:28:59 GMT
Moving on to a more helpful answer...

Have you tried using something like HTTPWatch to see what's going on?  IE
seems to display that page generically for a host of different problems,
and viewing the underlying HTTP transaction might narrow things down a
bit.

Also, you could ask your users to turn off the "friendly messages"
option... I'm not certain, but I believe they will get you slightly more
helpful (to you) messages with that option turned off.  It's under
Tools...Internet Options... Advanced... Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect