tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Kriger <andy.kri...@gmail.com>
Subject Please help with PermGen OutOfMemory error
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:11:38 GMT
After many webapp installs, I get this in my tomcat logs...

Exception in thread
"ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]"
java.lang.OutOfMemory
Error: PermGen space

MaxPermSize=128m, but the errors still happen. I understand that this
comes from apps not releasing all their resources. How do I track down
what part of my app is leaving these resources behind? I'm hoping for
pointers to tools/articles/blog entries - anything that'll let me
isolate this problem (hopefully to a part of my code that I can
actually fix as opposed to third party code I have no control over).

thx
andy