tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Muriithi O. Kimotho" <leviskimo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Norton Antivirus is Blocking Tomcat Service access to Port 5001
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:07:34 GMT
Actually i dont have the trojan Sokets Tres Trojan, it's only reporting that a program is trying
to communicate via Port 5100 which ofcoz is Tomcat...i just bought NAV2005 for 1 year!

Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowther@melandra.com> wrote:> From: Muriithi O. Kimotho [mailto:leviskimotho@yahoo.com]

> I installed the latest tomcat in my WinXP Pro but my Norton
> Antivirus 2005 shuts the Tomcat Service anytime i fire it up
> then a popup saying a trojan is trying to communicate via Port 5001.
>
> How can i solve this? I cannot start the Tomcat service at
> all. Norton shuts is down after 3secs

1) Run a virus scan. Is that trojan real? If not...

2) Uninstall Norton and install a more useful AV? (No, I'm not kidding
- Norton tends to get poor reviews these days compared to
free-for-personal-use AVs such as AVG).

- Peter

http://www.imediamx.com
Web hosting