tomcat-users mailing list archives

From angelina zh <angelina...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: http session lost between struts action
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:37:41 GMT
Michael,

Thank you so much for your reply. The login page is a JSP page. In the JSP page, the login
form's mothod is post and the action is a struts action.

After login, we did some internal redircts for security checking and then take the user to
the welcome page. The welcome page is generated from XML using xslt.

We have a FrontController which extends ActionServlet from struts to handle request and response.
I kept very close watching of the requests. I am very sure that the session has been established
on the login page and kept valid till the welcome's action got invoked and the welcome page
got constructed. After I clicked one of the links on the welcome page, I noticed that when
the FrontController got invoked, the session had became to null. So we lost session before
the next action class get invoked.

We can easier re-create the session object, but we lost the attributes we set in the last
session. The following action classes will need those attriutes.

I am wondering why the session keep valid if I login to the page again without closing browser.
But the session get lost if I open another browser to log in.

And another interesting thing is the session get lost in another place in the production enviroment.

I am not sure this is a tomcat issue or a struts issue.

Michael, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yahoo! Sports