tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-u...@schoenhaber.de>
Subject Re: starting a binary by calling a servlet
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:54:22 GMT
Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2005 14:56 schrieb Christian Stalp:

Please don't CC me. I'm reading the list and have set the Reply-To for a
reason. Thanks.

> Im now back again. Now I have time to fix the tomcat-problem. But first I
> have another problem: I cannot start tomcat!!!
>
> I got this from my latest logfile: catalina_2005-06-17.log
> This is of course only a small part of it. Is this caused by a mistaken
> entry in the catalina.policy?
>
> [quote]
> Using Security Manager
> Created MBeanServer with ID: 4aa0ce:10489ba2bdb:-8000:gandalf:1
> Jun 17, 2005 11:56:17 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8180
> Jun 17, 2005 11:56:17 AM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester fatalError
> SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 1 column 1: Content is not allowed in
> prolog.
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
>         at org.apache.xerces.u.....
> [/quote]

I doubt this has anything to do with catalina.policy. This seems to be an
error thrown by the XML parser - but catalina.polica is plain-text file.
Check the XML config files and context descriptors. Maybe there's something
wrong with them - for example byte order marks at the beginning of the file
(i. e. before the "<?xml version..." line).

> But the weired thing is, my own entry into the catalina.policy is gone, is
> erased!!! And this happens everytime I reboot my system.
> Each time I edit the cataline.policy I cannot restart tomcat again. So I
> choose the windows(tm) solution and reboot the whole system! But when the
> system is up and running again. Tomcat cannot start at all. AND my entry in
> the catalina.policy is ....gone!!!!

Can't help you with that. Your system seems to behave a bit - hm - strange. I
doubt that tomcat is removing entries from catalina.policy.

Regards
  mks