tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charl Gerber <>
Subject JSP pre-compile and Apache
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:55:45 GMT
I used to precompile my JSP's (which worked great and
was a big time saver in testing), but since running
Tomcat 4.1.31 together with Apache, all sorts of weird
errors occurred. I remember reading somewhere that
Apache expected the actual jsp file, not the compiled
version. So I reverted back to *not* precompiling
JSP's and everything worked as expected.

Question now, obviously there is a first-time-compile
penalty per jsp, but once compiled, should performance
be the same? How about the overhead to check if the
.jsp file indeed matches the compiled version?

Has someone managed to get precompiled JSP's running
in combination with Apache?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message