tomcat-users mailing list archives

From daniel steel <sec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat windows / mysql linux
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 15:08:22 GMT
hi paul,
  yes, it has been configured the same way. all the machines are connected in a giga network.

yes, its the log in that takes the most time and every time we log.
our production server is older version of tomcat. when we tried to run production server on
jdk 1.5.03, we have the same problem.

could it be problem with jdk?

 we run into the same problem of very slow login, only from windows to linux.
we have another client who have app server on linux and database on another linux box and
it is seems to work fine.

any thoughts? any tests we can run?

thanks
dan.

Paul <paul.lists@mnwebhost.net> wrote:
daniel steel wrote:

>hi all,
> i have an interesting problem. our app server(tomcat
>5.5) on windows 2003 communicates with mySQl database
>on linux box.
>
>our client application is very slow each time we log
>in. when we moved the database to windows box, the
>application is super fast.
>
>does anybody have thoughts on this?
>
>thank you
>secc

Is mysql configured the same way? Same cache sizes and the like? Are
the network connections and equipment in between the severs the same?
Lastly, are all types of data access affected or just the login process?

-Paul