tomcat-users mailing list archives

From delbd <de...@oma.be>
Subject Realm implemenation, passing additionnal informations to webapplication
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:36:11 GMT
Hello,
I had to write my own realm implementation to authenticate users.
Now am faced with a problem, this realm contains additionnal datas on the
user, like email, fullname, office telephone number.
I'd like to pass this informations to the webapplication, however am not sure
how to do this. I thought to create a decorator class around  a Principal to
store this information and do a typecasting in webapp to access additionnal
informations.

But the realm implementation is stored in server/lib/myrealm.jar and am not
sure classes in server/lib/*.jar are visible to the webapplication.

Any recommendation?

--
David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?