tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Realm implemenation, passing additionnal informations to webapplication
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:48:39 GMT
On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 11:36:11AM +0200, delbd wrote:
: I had to write my own realm implementation to authenticate users.
: Now am faced with a problem, this realm contains additionnal datas on the
: user, like email, fullname, office telephone number.
: I'd like to pass this informations to the webapplication, however am not sure
: how to do this.

Let's take a step back: is the extra info used to authenticate the user?
or is it used by the webapp itself, after the user has logged in?

In the latter case, you can store a user-specific object in the session
after the user logs in.  Many people write a ServletFilter that checks
for said object and, if it doesn't exist, creates/populates it.

(Of course, the filter should only be mapped to protected areas; it is
otherwise of limited value ;)

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/