tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jimmy Ray <jimmyra...@yahoo.com>
Subject JMX implementation - Tomcat 5.0.28
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:45:56 GMT
I was ruinning 5.0.28 on Windows, but now it wont
start.  I get this message:

Due to new licensing guidelines mandated by the Apache
Software
Foundation Board of Directors, a JMX implementation
can no longer
be distributed with the Apache Tomcat binaries. As a
result, you
must download a JMX 1.2 implementation (such as the
Sun Reference
Implementation) and copy the JAR containing the API
and
implementation of the JMX specification to:
${catalina.home}/bin/jmx.jar

I have downlaoded the implementation and placed th
files in the correct bin directory, but I still get
this error.

Any one else tackled this issue.

Regards,

Jimmy Ray