tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Klop <ronald-mailingl...@base.nl>
Subject Re: Urgent: how to detect client has closed connection
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:14:08 GMT
What Writer are you using? If you do response.getWriter() you will get a PrintWriter and the
docs tell you that PrintWriter doesn't throw exceptions, so your app keeps printing to the
writer after an error. (A closed connection is an IOException.)
If you use the default out property of a jsp page you get a JspWriter which does throw exeptions
on error.

Ronald.