tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Taylor <a...@logisticchaos.com>
Subject Packaging of EJB3 Entity Beans inside .war
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:53:39 GMT
Hi,
Does anyone know how to correctly package an EJB3/JBoss Entity bean
inside a .WAR file for use in Tomcat correctly?

I can correctly pass an EJB3 entity object to my Tomcat client using a
sesson bean, but when I try to cast the returned object to my Entity
bean type on the client I get a ClassCastException.

I have seen in various places that this may be a packaging issue

Does anyone know how/where to place the .class files for an Entity
object in the war, or what structure to place them in?

I have tried dumping them in a .jar in various places, to no avail.

Cheers,
Alex.

--
Alexander Taylor <alex@logisticchaos.com>