tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Karanjkar, Sanjay V \(IT\)" <>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.30 - UTF-8 encoding not working
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:30:46 GMT
Hi msjava,

I'm trying to migrate our webapp from ServletExec4.1.1/JDK1.3.1 to Tomcat5.0.30/JDK1.4.2.
On ServletExec, our app was showing/saving UTF-8 strings correctly. However, after migration
to Tomcat, the pages are not showing UTF-8 encoded content correctly.

All our JSP pages contain the following:
<%@ page import="java.util.*, java.lang.*" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

The web.xml file contains:
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"

A filter servlet for all JSPs:
public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response, FilterChain filterChain)
    if (null != encoding)
    filterChain.doFilter(request, response); ....

Do I need to do something else for Tomcat? In particular, do I need to do the stuff mentioned

Thanks in advance
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality
or privilege, and use is prohibited.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message