tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bernhard Slominski <>
Subject AW: AW: Load all JSP pages on startup
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:34:58 GMT
> It's even better than that: the webapp itself is portable, without the
> Tomcat libraries.  The precompilation process just churns
> your JSPs into
> servlets at build time instead of runtime.

Let me add somthing here, it's right that the servlets are build at compile
time, but they still use Tomcat specific stuff.
Look at a generated servlet from a JSP:

public final class contactForm_jsp extends
    implements org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent {

As you see it uses Tomcat sepcific stuff, when running this webapp on a
different container you need the Tomcat libraries in your classpath!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message