tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bernhard Slominski <bernhard.slomin...@zooplus.com>
Subject AW: AW: Load all JSP pages on startup
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:40:12 GMT

> We have a custom (non-generated) web.xml, with some taglibs
> and servlets defined in there.
> Precompilation is tomcat dependend I suppose?

You're right precompliation is tomcat dependent, but it works like this that
the ant task takes your (non-tomcat dependent) web.xml and just adds the
mappings for the precompiled JSPs, so it would still be possible to use one
single web.xml and then have a jsp server target-dependent precomplitation
task, but I don't know how that works in resin or Weblogic, and I see your
point now.

Sorry, but I don't have a better solution for you!

Bernhard