tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bernhard Slominski <bernhard.slomin...@zooplus.com>
Subject AW: Use JSPC
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:06:30 GMT
Hi Nicolas,

what jspc basically needs, is acces to all the internal tomcat libraries,
as you see from the ant script:
${tomcat.home}/bin/*.jar
${tomcat.home}/server/lib/*.jar
${tomcat.home}/common/lib/*.jar

As well as all the libraries from you web application.
So what I did was just "installing" (unzipping) Tomcat on my deployment
machine, just in order to the able to do the precomplation. I think you can
also just download the deployer distribution
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_tomcat-5.cgi) this
should contain all the stuff you need for the deployment. But I don't have
experience with the deployer application.

Conerning you web application: You need to include all the classes and
libraries in the classpath as well, but it doesn't have to be under
${tomcat.home}/webapps it can be anywhere on your deployment machine.
Maybe what's missing is that you have to include the /WEB-INF/classes
directory too in your ant script.
It's not in mine because I only use jar files in my webapp.

Good luck!

Bernhard