tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Brucher" <laurent.bruc...@modulo1.be>
Subject RE: Multiple source directories for one webapp
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:38:51 GMT
> It all depends on what OS and what editor you use. Under Unix using
> symbolic links could be a solution.
>
> I am not familiar with rsync, but you could use a tool like
> that to keep
> two folders in sync. It should be possible to setup a process that is
> watching your working folder and every time a file changes to copy it
> over to the deployed web app folder.

I'm running Windows, so no synlinks.
I'm using Eclipse, which is capable of copying files to a given folder, but
cannot do that across Eclipse projects, and that's what I need to do.
Finally, I'm using tomcat 5.5.

I'm not familiar with IDEA, but I'd rather avoid having to actually do
something
such as pressing a key. I guess I'm looking for a solution that ideally
requires as little
external tool as possible...

Thanks for the info anyway,
Laurent.