tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "GB Developer" <gb107...@globallyboundless.com>
Subject RE: Problem for loading files under WEB-INF/classes
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:31:46 GMT
You might consider the following:
1) if you wrote log4j.properties on one platform and uploaded it to another,
perhaps the format got mangled. Check to be sure that log4j.properties is
actually "log4j.properties", without some special, non-printable and hidden
character on the end of the filename.  I once had a problem where for some
reason, my SFTP client was adding a ~ to the end of all my files.   The SFTP
client didn't show them, but if you logged into a shell and "ls -l", you'd
see the ~.
2) check *inside* the file for things like line return nonsense (CRLF vs. CR
vs. LF) and gibberish characters.
3) check that log4j.properties has the correct file permissions (it's owned
by the correct user/group). To be sure, chmod +777 should work.