tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "GB Developer" <>
Subject RE: Problem for loading files under WEB-INF/classes
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:31:46 GMT
You might consider the following:
1) if you wrote on one platform and uploaded it to another,
perhaps the format got mangled. Check to be sure that is
actually "", without some special, non-printable and hidden
character on the end of the filename.  I once had a problem where for some
reason, my SFTP client was adding a ~ to the end of all my files.   The SFTP
client didn't show them, but if you logged into a shell and "ls -l", you'd
see the ~.
2) check *inside* the file for things like line return nonsense (CRLF vs. CR
vs. LF) and gibberish characters.
3) check that has the correct file permissions (it's owned
by the correct user/group). To be sure, chmod +777 should work.