tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "charly" <charly41...@yahoo.de>
Subject when web.xml changes webapp does not reload if not in webapps
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:38:58 GMT
Hello,

How should I configure a webapp which is not located  in
${catalina.base}/webapps/      that it will reload when I change its web.xml.
For example if I change web.xml of "manager" the manager webapp will not
automatically reload.

Adding "<WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>"  to
${catalina.base}/conf/catalina/localhost/manager.xml  does not make a visible
difference:

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/manager"
         privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false" antiJARLocking="false">

  <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from -->
  <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"
                type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
</Context>

Does anyone know how to configure this?
For what is "WatchedResource" used for, if not for this?
Any ideas?

Regards Karl-Heinz