tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat service terminated unexpectedly
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 02:35:47 GMT
What is in the logs?

Did it start this at some point or has it been happening all along?

Consider updating you JDK. You may even try 1.5 as it is faster.

Check you debug settings and turn them up.

Look in the logs for the last connection/request to see what was being asked
for. If needed set up the logger for this.

Are any other services on the machine having issues?

What is the shortest and longest time between crashes?

What is your user load?

Sorry I have no clear answers, only question. There can be so many things
affecting you it can be somewhat difficult to pin it down.

Doug

----- Original Message -----
From: "ivy chen" <ivyc@ipchk.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:36 PM
Subject: Tomcat service terminated unexpectedly

Hi,All
I am running Tomcat 4.1.12 , in a W2K Box (tomcat 4.1.12+ java 1.4.1_02+ W2K
SP4, ).

Tomcat is running as a service and time to time (random) it crashes with the
following message:

The Apache Tomcat 4.1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1
time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000
milliseconds: Restart the service.

The source of this message is Service Control Manager and the Event id is
7031.

Are there anyone encounter this case, any have any advice?

B.R.
Ivy