tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Kirk" <tomcat-u...@web-startup.co.uk>
Subject RE: tomcat 5.5.9 does not read context.xml
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:35:24 GMT

yes context.xml is fine in META-INF.  in fact it is preferred over having it
in server.xml.  your alternative is to put it in
conf/enginename/hostname/yourwebappname.xml (which is in fact what TC will
do for you when it unpacks the war).

I don't know that you can have the context path name different to the war
file.  I'm not 100% sure, but can't see how to do it.  in fact I can see it
being a source of potential confusion.  can you explain why you want to do
that?