tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Kirk" <tomcat-u...@web-startup.co.uk>
Subject Repeated logging problem on 5.5
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:35:24 GMT

I have a double-logging problem, by which I mean that
some of my log messages get logged to two logfiles.  I have only one
logfile configured using java.util.logging, but in some cases, the
same log message gets logged to the TC stdout log as well, which I don't
want.  It's not the end of the world, but I'd like to understand what's
happening in case I've misunderstood something.

This problem only happens when there is a java.util.logging call
from either:
- the init() method of my own servlet
- a class created during that init() method, that persists in the VM after
  the init() method has returned, through a static field reference.

I asked about this approx 1 days ago, but got no replies, probably because
my original post was too wordy.  More detail, incl my versions and config
setup, are in my original post here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.tomcat.user/113877

Does anyone have any ideas what the cause might be, please?