tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Hamilton" ...@proleon.com>
Subject Help with memory leak using Tomcat
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 23:57:55 GMT
I posted something similar to the Tomcat bug list and was asked to move it
here.  My first mailing to this list, so please correct any gaffes on my
part...

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.9; isapi redirector 1.2.13; J2SE 1.5.0.03; JDBC
3.1.8a;  to support 2 very low volume websites.  I have some kind of memory
leak which triples tomcat's memory usage over about 4-5 days.

I downloaded and installed AppPerfect profiler, and it shows a steady,
consistent increase in objects and a corresponding decrease in the heap
size.  Even with my webserver shutdown and no Tomcat usage, this leak is
persistent. The memory leak checker portion of AppPerfect reports multiple
memory leaks (even with the web server shutdown as I mentioned.)

Can anybody help me figure out how to find out where this is coming from?

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton