tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anoop kumar V <anoopkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple JavaBeans applications not working (newbie question)
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 17:31:20 GMT
Michael,

Everything works perfectly fine in your jsp and bean except that the package
mentioned in your bean (Beany.java) file seems incorrect:
It is:

********** BEANY.JAVA
package subapp;

It should be:

********** BEANY.JAVA
package subclass;

Or else an alternative is to change the folder in which the bean is to
subapp from subclass to match the package name...

Also you do not need to place a web.xml in the WEB-INF folder - I mean its
optional since tomcat5.X (maybe earlier - someone please correct if I am
wrong).. and if web.xml is not present the defauly web.xml settings will be
applied.

Hope that helps,
Anoop