tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donny R Rota <>
Subject Cannot download files with IE through tomcat. SSL with no-cache problems?
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 19:13:02 GMT
On Apache Tomcat/5.0.28, I've got SLL installed, and  whenever I try to
download a doc file I get:

Some files can harm your computer.  If the file information below
looks suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or
save this file
File name:   xxxxx.doc
File type:    Microsoft Word Document
Open   Save Cancel More Info

I click Open and then the folloing file download dialog comes up:

Internet Explorer cannot download xxxx.doc from
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet Site.  The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be
found. Please try again later.

Downloading works fine in FireFox.
Downloading works fine if I turn off SSL.
We have an apache server (full httpd server) inhouse where this type of
SSL download works fine too.

Is there a SSL no-cache setting I have to put in server.xml or something?

Don Rota, CTG Operations
Rational Software, IBM Software Group
20 Maguire Road, Lexington, MA 02421-3104
Tel: 781 676 2655, Fax: 781 676 7645