tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ankit Shah <Ankit_S...@symantec.com>
Subject Issues with Custom Realm in Tomcat 5.5
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 13:43:54 GMT
Hi everyone,
I hope someone can help us with this problem.

Current Tomcat settings:
Release in use: 5.5.9 along with 1.4.2 compatibility add-on
Logging using Log4J
JRE version: 1.4.2_05

We have written our own custom realm that essentially extends the standard
DataSource Realm. However, we are unable to authenticate users of Tomcat's
admin and manager application using our Realm. When setting Log4J logging
level to Debug, we discovered the following:

1. The Realm is loaded into the MBean Manager. We see a message 'MBean
successfully registered' for our Realm
2. When admin is user is being validated, the log messages say
'ClassLoader error: class not found'. and authentication fails. I am not
sure whether it failed to load our Realm (shouldn't happen since already
registered with MBean) or something else went missing. We CAN perform
authentication using the MemoryRealm that's configured by default.

What makes this problem even more strange is our Realm worked successfully
with Tomcat 5.5.7

Anyone have ANY suggestions as where can we investigate for this problem,
please do respond back

Thanks in advance.

Ankit