tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jureczky Bálint <balint.jurec...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: welcome file handling
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 13:13:41 GMT
I thinking your proposal 1 is good, it has the least impact on existing
code. Proposal 2 is not too easy to follow because the name and port should
be in my case the ip of an external firewall (which is not known).

I'm still very interested what is in the background of the different
behavior.

Balint

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Diggins [mailto:subscribed@red56.co.uk]
Sent: 2005.május 26. 12:18
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: welcome file handling

Don't know about the difference, but a couple of potential workarounds:

1) could be to have your welcome page just be the default index.jsp and
have it just contain a redirect to the relevant page (but this will mean
a response-request roundtrip for your user).

2) alternatively you could include a <base href="(absolute url)"> in the
body of your frameset, but this would add a dependency on your server
name, port, and context path in your html (yuck), but you could get
around this with something from JSTL (which I don't know so well, but
something like <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>
<c:url value="dir1/dir2/index.jsp"/>).

Tim