tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jureczky Bálint <balint.jurec...@siemens.com>
Subject welcome file handling
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 08:05:50 GMT
Hello All,

We had problems with welcome-file handling after Tomcat upgrade. The welcome
file points to page like /dir1/dir2/index.jsp. The page is found despite the
fact that the servlet specification says leading / is not allowed, this is
valid in all Tomcat versions I know.

The exact problem is that the behavior when I try to access webapp/dir1 via
browser is different in tomcat versions 4.1.29 and 5.0.28. In 5.0.28 the
pages in the frames are not displayed, they are not found in 4.1.29.

index.jsp uses framesets and relative paths to reference the elements of the
frame. I had the idea that maybe the mechanism how the welcome files are
displayed (redirect / forward) is changed, between the versions.

Do you know what is the difference which causes this behavior? Do you know
any workaround?

Thank you,

Balint Jureczky