tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: tomcat restart?
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 10:42:44 GMT

This is not possible as even if it could be shut down then the servlet will no longer exist
to restart it. The only way would be for the servlet to notify some external process that
the tomcat needs to be restarted and the external process will do the stopping and starting.

Ta
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Beton, Richard [mailto:richard.beton@roke.co.uk]
Sent: 10 May 2005 10:56
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: tomcat restart?

Is it possible to write a servlet that can restart Tomcat 5.5?

I am loading native library code and this has to be in the shared/lib

area for the webapp to be restartable (if it's in the webapp/WEB-INF/lib
then restarting the webapp fails). However, I want to be able to install
a new version of my code, then restart Tomcat and then my webapp will

pick up the new version.

Rick

refs:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Roke Manor Research Ltd, Roke Manor, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN, UK.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is proprietary to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.