tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <andr...@ifocus.com.au>
Subject Cache & CPU utilisation problems on Tomcat 5.5.7 on Windows 2003
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 01:43:09 GMT
Hi,

I am a complete newbie to Tomcat so please forgive me...

I have two problems:

1.	Cache - Tomcat will cache everything to /temp and even when the
underlying content (images or pages) are changed, it will not refresh. I
have to stop the server, delete all files in the /temp directory and
then restart Tomcat to get the new content delivered to the browser.
This cache can build in size to gigabytes.

2.	CPU utilisation - Tomcat often hits 99% CPU and just stays there
until the server just comes to a grinding halt. This could of course be
a coding issue in a JSP or what have you, but my error logs are not
pointing to anything unusual.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Do you have any tips for me?

Thank you, your help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew