tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "BATCHELOR, SCOTT \(CONTRACTOR\)" <SCOTT.BATCHE...@DFAS.MIL>
Subject RE: Illegal IMail List Server Command!
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 17:41:45 GMT
Yes that appears what he is trying to accomplish.  I am very new to this list...can this be
reported?

-SB

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Beton [mailto:richard.beton@roke.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 8:57 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Illegal IMail List Server Command!

Are you trying to get these mailing lists subscribed to each other? If
you are, DON'T!!!
It's a very very very antisocial thing to do.

R.

milotte@juno.com wrote:

>subscribe bluedragon-interest jturbo-interest servletexec-interest Donald R Milotte
>
>-- imailsrv@mail.newatlanta.com (List Server) wrote:
>New Atlanta List Server General Help File
>
>Lists hosted by this server are:
>
>   bluedragon-interest
>   jturbo-interest
>   servletexec-interest
>
>   bluedragon-customers
>   jturbo-customers
>   servletexec-customers
>
>   bluedragon-announce
>   newatlanta-announce
>
>Use one of these list names where you see <list name> in the command syntax below.
>
>All list server commands must be addressed to:
>
>   listserv@newatlanta.com
>
>Commands must be placed on the first line of the message body and may not be preceded
by blanks, whitespace, or other characters.

>Valid Commands are:
>
>   To subscribe to a list:
>
>       subscribe <list name> <your full name>
>
>   For example:
>
>       subscribe servletexec-interest John Smith
>
>   If you don't include your name in the subscribe command you'll receive an "Invalid
Syntax" error message from the list server.

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Roke Manor Research Ltd, Roke Manor, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN, UK.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is proprietary to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.