tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anto Paul <antop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: my build "structure"..opinions wanted
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 12:28:02 GMT
On 5/27/05, gabor <gabor@nekomancer.net> wrote:

> i'll create a directory in tomcat/webapps (let's call it 'mywebapp').
> put my source files into mywebapp/WEB-INF/src, and instruct eclipse to
> put the compiled .class files into mywebapp/WEB-INF/classes.
>
> this way, i simply edit the files, press ctrl-s (to save them),
> switch to the browser window, and press refresh, and already i get the
> new results (because eclipse already compiled the file, and tomcat
> detected the change).

How you will deploy the application in test and production
environments. Here I use Eclipse and Ant. I disable the reloadable
feature and uses the manager application to reload the application. If
reloadable is enabled TC will reload the application every time I
compile a Java file.

--
rgds
Anto Paul