tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anto Paul <>
Subject Re: tomcat alias assistance
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 07:03:43 GMT
On 5/17/05, S W <> wrote:
> Redhat 2.1 ES
> Tomcat 4.1
> Apache 2.0
> I have tomcat configured to run off port 80.
> I really wanted our users to be able to type in
> their browser and access the web app.
> The machine tomcat/apache/webapp is running on is our email server.
> Currently if I use (the one i need to work) I
> receive a "The page cannot be displayed" message.

Is there any file named index.jsp or index.html or the file which is
specified in the welcome file list element in web.xml ?

> If I use server host name) I receive the tomcat
> administration page.

Double check it. To remove the admin application remove webapps/admin.xml.

> If I use , I get to my webapp.

Check whether the web application is configured in the server.xml.
Some other reasons may be grouplink is a directory name in the
application or a context configured in that name or some other URL
mapped in web.xml. You can check this by looking at webapps folder. If
grouplink is inside webapps, it is a context. ie. a web application.
If it is inside webapps/ROOT, it is a directory inside that web
> Could someone point me in the right direction? How/where  do I configure an
> alias?

I have  <Alias></Alias> in server.xml nested inside the
<Host/> element. You should have a valid DNS entry for

Anto Paul

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message