tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trung Nguyen" <trung.ngu...@globalcompliance.com>
Subject RE: SSL on multiple IP addreses?
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 18:04:04 GMT
You can configure multiple IP adresses on a single NIC and add new IP/domain name to the server.xml

To configure multiple IP address on a single NIC on Linux (RHEL):
1.  cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
2.  Make a copy of ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth0:0
3.  Edit ifcfg-eth0:0 and change DEVICE to eth0:0 and change the IPADDR to new IP

You can do this as many as you want by increase the last number by 1.

Hope this help.
Trung

-----Original Message-----
From: David Wall [mailto:d.wall@computer.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:31 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: SSL on multiple IP addreses?

How will you configure multiple IP addresses on a single NIC?  Normally,
you have one NIC per IP address.  You will need to use two keystores for
each system, and configure the keystores as you normally would under the
SSL connector.  I'm not sure how to configure the CoyoteConnector so
that it will listen on a particular IP address, but the docs no doubt
explain how.

Good luck...