tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony E. Carlos" <anth...@digitalphenom.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat vs Apache
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 17:09:45 GMT
Chris:

I guess that the applet is just a static file that is served to the
client's browser window. Therefore, ANY web server would work just
fine. There are no appreciable differences between Tomcat and Apache
for your requirements so far. They act very similarly when serving
static content. Some can spout off about performance, configurability,
etc... But, if you've got it working on Tomcat, I don't think that
you'll see any difference using Apache-- unless, of course, there's
more to your situation than meets the eye.

Hope it helps,

-Anthony

On May 18, 2005, at 12:14 PM, Chris wrote:

> I think I need to ask a question before offering any information.
> When you say applet, do you mean a java applet that runs in a client's
> browser window? Or, do you have a web application comprised of
> servlets/jsps (or some analogous configuration)?

We have a large java applet that runs in the client's browser window.

Chris