tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Derrick Koes" <Derrick_K...@skillsoft.com>
Subject memory management
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 21:00:21 GMT

I found many questions and answers about this general topic, but my question is more specific
I think.

Tomcat 5 comes with a configuration utility which is installed on the start menu on Windows
XP under Start-->Programs-->Apache Tomcat 5.0-->Configure Tomcat.  This pop-up has
a Java tab which has two memory settings, Initial memory pool and Maximum memory pool.

My question is does the tomcat Windows service obey these settings, or do I have to re-create
the service with new memory parameters each time I want to increase the memory (add a web
application for example).

Thanks,
Derrick