tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: How do I handle International Characters
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 08:09:10 GMT
A method we have used with success for inbound request encoding is to add a Servlet Filter
to our application whose sole job is to call request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8")

Allistair.

This does however not work with Internet Explorer.
I had this problem in the past. IE insists on using the page charset and
ignores the accept-charset attribute.

There were some more information at this URL
(http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/charset/form-i18n.html), but it is
currently not available.

HTH
Christoph