tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angelov, Rossen" <Rossen.Ange...@SourceMedia.com>
Subject RE: servlet request time out ?!
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 20:19:55 GMT
That's exactly how I understood it too. The request will be dropped if after
certain number of milliseconds the request's URI hasn't been received.

In my case the URI comes directly with the request and based on my log I can
see the request is being processed but there is no response after the doPost
method is finished.

I can still give it try with connectionTimeout="0", but don't expect it to
help.

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Kirk [mailto:tomcat-user@web-startup.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 3:09 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'; mbaliel@atomogy.com
Subject: RE: servlet request time out ?!

I haven't tested this myself, so I'm only going on what the docs say (5.5):
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html

If I've understood correctly, this doc seems to say that the
connectionTimeout param doesn't have the effect Angelov is looking for - it
sets the max time between a connection (socket) being opened by the client,
and the client sending a request url to TC.