tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Len Popp <len.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to do "Downtime" with a Apache/Tomcat webapp
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 13:54:15 GMT
Hey, maybe *I'm* missing something. :-) I haven't tried this yet.
I guess it only works if the web app is unpacked, not in a war file. (That's
how my site is currently.)
When the site is down it's running a minimal web app that is only using two
files - web.xml and the jsp or servlet that's returning the site-down page.
All other files and the database are not in use and can be munged at will.
 The original question mentioned database maintenance in particular. In that
case it doesn't really matter what the web app is doing, as long as it's not
accessing the database. The idea of using a filter to turn off the app
sounds good for this.