tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Len Popp <len.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to do "Downtime" with a Apache/Tomcat webapp
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 15:33:23 GMT
I've been thinking about the same problem, but I haven't gotten around to
working on it seriously.
 How about this: Instead of fiddling with the JkMount directives in Apache,
swap the web.xml in your Tomcat app so it points to a minimal servlet that
returns the "Out of service" page for all requests.
 Does that sound like it would work? It would be less disruptive because you
don't have to restart Apache (if there's more to the web site than the one
Tomcat app). Plus this will work with stand-alone Tomcat.