tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Diggins <subscri...@red56.co.uk>
Subject Re: welcome file handling
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 10:18:16 GMT
Don't know about the difference, but a couple of potential workarounds:

1) could be to have your welcome page just be the default index.jsp and
have it just contain a redirect to the relevant page (but this will mean
a response-request roundtrip for your user).

2) alternatively you could include a <base href="(absolute url)"> in the
body of your frameset, but this would add a dependency on your server
name, port, and context path in your html (yuck), but you could get
around this with something from JSTL (which I don't know so well, but
something like <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>
<c:url value="dir1/dir2/index.jsp"/>).

Tim