tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mladen.t...@jboss.com>
Subject Re: locking problem mod_jk 1.2.13 ??
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 21:50:03 GMT
Sander de Boer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tested mod_jk 1.2.13. But sometimes my tomcat becomes completely
> be locked for a while. A downgrade to 1.2.10 solves that problem.
> So I mean there is a something like a locking problem in 1.2.13, but I
> don't know where and how.

Is tomcat locked or your response is sometimes slow?
If the response is slow set the:
worker.mmbaseXX.socket_timeout=10

Other option is to set the
worker.loadbalancer.retries=1

The problem is related with Tomcat 4.1.x closing its
side of connection after 30 seconds of inactivity,
so you can set the connectionTimeout="0" in server.xml
or use socket_timeout with lower value (60 seconds by
system default).
Using connectionTimeout="0" is the best way (default on
Tomcat5) but you'll have to be sure that maxTreads in
server xml equals MaxClients in httpd.conf.

Further option is to set the
worker.mmbaseXX.prepost_timeout=10000
if the socket_timeout doesn't work on Solaris.

Unlike 1.2.10 mod_jk 1.2.13 correctly handles that case
without loosing session affinity that might happen on
earlier versions.

Regards,
Mladen.