tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: how to access JSPs using servername/~username
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 11:46:58 GMT
Akhthar Parvez. K wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I used to access the html webpages using servername.(http://servername/~username)
>But I am not able to access JSPs in the above fashion. What could be added into server.xml
>so that I can access jsps using servername.(http://servername/~username)

There is no ellegant solution, like in Apache HTTPD ("UserDir" directive).

Firstly, Tomcat doesn't really care about users on the system or their
home directories. Secondly, it deals with Web Applications, known as
"Contexts", rather than directories. Sure, you can keep your JSPs in a
directory, but they can also be in a WAR file.

So, with Tomcat there is no UserDir concept.

What I usually do, is "one VHost - one user account" and then create
"webapps" dir for TC web applications.

Nix.