tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bernhard v. Fromberg" <b.fromb...@virtual-solution.de>
Subject Re: Re: UTF-8 Problem with Tomcat 5.0.27 and POST
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 08:39:45 GMT
Hi Jimmy,
Yes, true. From my debugging I am quite sure, that the encoding
is correct, when the browser sends it off. When it arrives in the
servlet the contents is messed up. It gets decoded in between
the browser and the servlet. Struts always gives me the decoded
data. So I think, that some decoder interprets the data as ISO-8859
and I have no idea, which one it is and how to teach it, to use
a different encoding.
But from what you said, I assume that it is somewhere in struts.

Regards,
Bernhard