tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fred Cook <ftc...@allvantage.com>
Subject Re: tomcat stopped
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 21:51:57 GMT

Hi Wendy,

We got it working, there were 2 problems.

1) It took 10 seconds for the machine to turn off Tomcat (yes I know
..old hardware) after shutdown.sh was run.  And the much more interesting.
2) We had the CLASSPATH set to point to servlet.jar (needed to compile
the test program).  This was the main problem, which might bring up a
versioning question.  We are running RH 8.0 on this machine with Tomcat
5.5.7 and apache 2.0.53.  What is the correct version of servlet.jar
that should be run with this version of Tomcat and Apache?

-Fred