tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject Re: detecting tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 21:11:05 GMT

    Thanks-- unfortunately by default (at least on Unix) that file is
not executable so it wouldn't even execute by default.

    Has anyone actually created an ant task or can give me some ant
logic for doing Tomcat version detection for 5.5? Here's a snippet that
worked for Tomcat 4 and Tomcat 5.0.X that was fairly easy:

<if>
            <available file="${appserver.home}/conf/Catalina" type="dir"
prope
rty="tomcat5"/>
            <then>
                <echo message="Detected Tomcat 5"/>