tomcat-users mailing list archives

From andre.laga...@education.gouv.fr
Subject Re: Tomcat j2sdk and image
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 12:52:49 GMT
Hi,

I find my problem.
If I put these lines in my startup.sh of Tomcat
DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
export DISPLAY
The generation of GIF image works.

If I put these lines in my startup.sh of Tomcat
DISPLAY=AnOtherServer:0.0
export DISPLAY
where AnOtherServer is a different server on Sun Solaris, where I
excecute this command "/usr/openwin/bin/xhost +"
The generation of GIF image works but it take a long time.

If I add -Djava.awt.headless=true to JVM option, like that
CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms128m -Xmx512m -Xss2m -Djava.awt.headless=true"
export CATALINA_OPTS
the generation of GIF image doesn't work.

But in production, my server doesn't have a console, so I have to use
"export DISPLAY" or there is an other methode to solve my problem or to
generate image ?

Thanks for your help.

andre.lagadec@education.gouv.fr a écrit :
> Yes I have a graphics environnement.
> I put these command lines in startup.sh
> DISPLAY=10.10.10.1:0.0
> export DISPLAY
>
> The generation of GIF image works but it make a long time on Solaris 8.
>
> Trond G. Ziarkowski a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> do you have a graphics environment when running under Solaris?
>> If not then that would be my guess to a reason why it's not working,
>> since you have a graphics environment when running under W2K.
>>
>> Try adding -Djava.awt.headless=true to your commandline when starting
>> tomcat. If this doesn't do the trick, you need the graphics
>> environment to generate your images.
>>

>> Trond
>>
>> andre.lagadec@education.gouv.fr wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,