tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Hellman \(KA/EAB\)" <erik.hell...@ericsson.com>
Subject Deply/undeploy applications from a Servlet
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 13:22:21 GMT
I've managed to figure out how to list all installed applications by callind findChildren()
on the current Host-object. However, now I wish to be able to deploy/undeply applications
through this servlet. Basically, I need a "reload" command for a set of applications. First,
all application with a certain prefix are undeployed. The content of a specific directory
is then scanned and all subdirectories are deployed.

The reason for this is that I wish have a system that can be installed several times with
different versions. Each version has its own user-interface that is launched through Java
Web Start. Whenever I install a new version of the system, I simply call "/reload" on my "manager"
application which then deploys all available applications.

So my questions is, how do I create, deploy and undeploy a web-application from a Servlet?

regards,
Erik